Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Notepad++

I wanted an editor that is very easy to use, feature-rich and with a short learning curve. I wanted the focus to be on the actual work rather than learning how to do it on a specific word-processing application (not quite possible always). My friend was already using this application then and recommended me. Ever from that day, whatever be the Windows box I get to work with, I wanted Notepad++ on it before I start. It has also become the first of my articles about technology stuff.

It has everything that a developer would need. The plug-ins are increasing and are simply amazing. It is open source and is available under GNU GPL version 2 (or later). You can start the fun by downloading it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

I saw some interesting variants like "Notepad++ Portable Edition", "Notepad Scratchpad", "Secured Notepad++", and "Notepad X". I'll try to write about some cool features in this editor with some examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment